Lower Back Pain
The common causes
Low back pain is a common issue that affects millions of people worldwide. The most common causes of low back pain include poor posture, overuse or injury, and spinal conditions such as herniated discs, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative disc disease. Other contributing factors include obesity, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, and stress. Low back pain can also be caused by medical conditions such as sciatica, fibromyalgia, and infections.
It is important to get checked by a chiropractor if you are experiencing low back pain. A chiropractor is a health care professional (minimum 5-year double degree in Australia) who is skilled in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, including low back pain. They will conduct a thorough examination and take into consideration your medical history, lifestyle, and the type and severity of your pain. By performing a combination of manual adjustments, therapeutic exercises, and lifestyle modifications, chiropractors can help alleviate low back pain and prevent it from reoccurring. They can also identify any underlying conditions that may be causing your pain and refer you to the appropriate specialist if necessary. It is important to address low back pain as soon as possible to prevent it from becoming chronic and potentially leading to more serious health problems.
Need to make an appointment?
Treatment for Back Pain
The first thing we will do is investigate the cause of your pain and then give advice on how to correct the problem. Your chiropractor will take your history and run a thorough examination to assess your injury. We also have X-ray facilities if further investigation into the cause of your low back pain is required.
Once the initial assessment has been completed your chiropractor will give you recommendations for care going forward. Treatment options include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Cold laser therapy
- Ergonomic advice
- Soft tissue therapy
Our highly qualified chiropractors are here to help with your back pain. In the event that your chiropractor identifies that our practice is not suited to your injury, we will then organise a referral to another health practitioner that can help.
So why us?
- We love helping people – It’s what we do!
- We are honest and genuine
- We care about you and your goals
- Our chiropractors are highly skilled and experienced
- We are innovative and constantly looking for new ways to help our patients
- We use X-ray to rule out pathology and arthritic conditions. We don’t use them to look at postural stances
- We have our own top of the line X-ray facilities on site
- We are happy to work around your busy schedule, so you get the care you need
- Book online
- Family rates apply
- Regular free workshop to extend your knowledge
- Cosy atmosphere in our practice
- Friendly staff
- Remedial massage services available
- Easy parking at our front door
- Very large and well-appointed treatment rooms
- We work with your existing physios, GPs, OTs etc
- Happy to provide necessary paperwork to insurers, workplaces and other health providers
- Regular progress examinations even when you’re feeling good at no extra charge
- We are dog friendly – with a nice big back play area
- Convenient location